BuildBlock Building Systems launched its 5th Anniversary Year with the second annual BuildBlock International Convention for Distributors, Dealers and Foreign Licensees held January 7th through 9th. The beautiful Renaissance Marriott in downtown Oklahoma City provided luxurious accommodations. Attendees crossed the skywalk from the Renassiance to the
Convention Center where the convention itself was held. Here are some of the highlights of this great event!
The convention culminated with the Awards Dinner honoring top distributors, dealers and projects. Top distributor and dealer awards were based on total sales for the year. Selection criteria for the residential and commercial Projects of the Year included project scope, unique features, and contribution toward advancing BuildBlock ICFs in the marketplace.
2008 TOP DISTRIBUTOR AWARD
2008 RESIDENTIAL PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the second year in a row, Wall Tech Products of Michigan took the Top Distributor honor. BuildBlock CEO Mike Garrett presented Wall Tech owner Dave Russell with a plaque and a check for $1000. The Residential Project of the Year Award also went to Wall Tech as the Distributor for the Onekama Hybrid Home Project in Michigan.
2008 #2 DISTRIBUTOR
The #2 Distributor Award was presented to Whispering Pines ICF of Pennsylvania. Bill Hauck received the award from Mike Garrett. This is Whispering Pines first appearance in the Top 3. Way to go, Bill!
2008 #3 DISTRIBUTOR
2008 COMMERCIAL PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
Garrett Building Materials of Oklahoma was awarded the #3 Distributor Award as well as the Commercial Project of the Year for its participation with The Brownstones at Maywood Park project. Caleb Brown accepted the awards.
Other awards presented were:
- Top Distributor - Sales Per Capita: William Allen, RBS True Value, Raton, NM
- Top Dealer: Jeff Pallister, Advanced Building Components, Great Falls, MT
- #2 Dealer: Tyler Smith, Triton Windows & Doors, Utica, NY
- #3 Dealer: Zarach Epperson, Cabinet Cedar Products, Thompson Falls, MY
The General Sessions were packed with education and information on a variety of important topics. We were honored with the presence of several keynote speakers, including:
Vendor booths were located right outside of the meeting rooms, giving attendees the opportunity for a hands-on demonstration of ICF related accessories and tools. Attendees and vendor/exhibitors alike have commented on what a valuable networking and learning opportunity it was.
- Anthony McDermid, Principal/Founder of TAP Architecture, discussed marketing ICFs to architects.
- Vera Novak, Techincal Director of ICFA, presented the ACE Training for the ICFA AIA Program.
- Ian Giesler, of ICF Builders LLC, discussed ICFs in commercial construction.
- Steve Nelson presented the new Online Home Building Program designed for DIYers and Custom Home Builders that BuildBlock just launched: MyGreenHomeCoach.com.
- BuildBlock CEO Mike Garrett moderated the Distributor Panel and presented new product announcements and previews. Information on the exciting new products will be released shortly!
Bowling Night was a big hit with attendees, vendors, and staff alike! The winning bowling team (pictured below, far right) was lead by BuildBlock's Vanessa Allen. The "bowling pin trophy", autographed by members of the winning team, resides in Vanessa's office.
A jazzy duet set the mood for the Awards Dinner. The after-party involved Karaoke and featured a Beach Boys duet by BuildBlock CEO Mike Garrett and ICFA Board Chairman Dean Seibert among other things!
Break-out Sessions gave attendees the chance to learn more about specific topics in a more intimate setting.
BuildBlock Affiliates: Log onto your MyBuildBlock account and go to the TEAM BuildBlock section to download handouts and PowerPoint presentations from the Convention!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR NEXT YEAR'S CONVENTION!
JANUARY 13-15, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Have to Say
It is the
New Form, ME
if you want
New Form, ME
City is a